Knowlton is a hamlet in the civil parish of Woodlands in the County of Dorset. The hamlet lies approximately 6 miles to the north of Wimborne Minster and 1 mile south of Wimborne St Giles.
The site contains a Neolithic Henge in which sits the ruins of a Norman Church. Named Church Henge, this is one of three Henges known as the Knowlton Circles).
The Church, which has been a ruin since the 18th century, is of unknown dedication. The earliest parts of the building are 12th century with 15th century and 18th century additions.
The Church was in use in 1550 but became disused in 1659. There was a revival however in 18th century the roof fell in and the church was abandoned.